For the love of cheese and chicken in your keto diet, Mozzarella chicken is the approachable combination for you. It is a low cab dream that will blow your mind and smoothen on your tongue for sure. No breading or pasta coverage, this chicken recipe will make your feel full and perfect. Moreover, the melted cheese makes it a perfect deal for you to feed yourself at lunch, or even dinner. Therefore, now if you are missing on cheese and chicken together, here you have the best of it.
- Prep time: 10min
- Cook time: 30min
- Total time: 30min
- 150 gram chicken breasts
- 1 tbsp. Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- To taste Salt
- To taste pepper
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 onion [chopped]
- 4 cloves garlic [minced]
- 1 fire roasted capsicum [chopped]
- 425 grams crushed tomatoes
- 2 tbsps. tomato paste
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1 tbsp. fresh parsley [chopped]
- Adjust the oven tray to the upper slot and turn one the broiler on medium heat
- In a bowl, season the chicken breast with Italian seasoning, paprika, onion powder, pepper and salt.
- Cover the breasts with spices and let it rest for about 20 minutes
- Heat a pan with oil on medium heat stove. Cook chicken for about 8 minutes on each side or until it is done.
- Remove the chicken from the pan and now add a little of oil in pan to fry onions in it. When onion is transparent, add garlic and cook for about 30 seconds.
- Then add capsicum, crushed tomatoes, red pepper flakes, tomato paste and rest of Italian seasoning. Mix everything well and let is cook for about 3 to 4 minutes
- Stir the mixture in pan occasionally so it will not stick to the pan or burnt
- Once it start simmering then reduce the heat a little more and let is simmer for about 2 more minutes so it will get thick
- Transfer the sauce in an oven safe dish, add chicken on it and spread the cheese above chicken.
- Broil the dish in oven for about 2 minutes or until cheese make a brown crust with bubbles
- Take out the dish, and garnish with fresh parsley to serve warm.
Calories: 309Kcl | Carbohydrates: 9g | Proteins: 37g | Fat: 9g